8:49 AM nonibaumann 0 Comments

autumn cake.

one thing we absolutely love over here are sweet treats. I love baking and cooking, for me this is part of a process of  relaxing after a busy working day. And it makes me lucky when husband and e love it to.
The other thing is, that I´m really into creating stuff, so I like the creative aspect of baking and cooking, developing something new. In this case it means I mostly do not use recipies I always create my own or variate common stuff. So sometimes some funny stuff happends, but after some years of messing up several things (I came a looong way:) a lot of suprisingly good things came out...

For example our most favorite autumn cake (there is nothing like a cosy fire in the fireplace, the smell of warm cake, an a hot cocoa when it gets cold outside):
Pumpkin/Carotte Cake with Creamcheese Cinnamon Vanilla Topping  

for the sponge cake, mix together, put in muffin forms and bake:
4 eggs, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, 1 teaspoon cinnemon, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 package baking powder, 1 cup ground hazelnuts, 2 cups grated carrots or pumpkin, 1/2 cup ground dried fruits

frosting:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened;  2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar; 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom

HAVE FUN! 

0 comments: