birthday(s) and other expectations.

1:26 PM nonibaumann 6 Comments


wow another year gone by... birthday again...
yes that happens now and then, I suppose...
this time it happened to me and I can officially put a 3 before everything, 
so some kind of a special bday.
(Because we had planned a big church activity that weekend long ago) 
we decided to celebrate my party in summer with friends...  
I finally get my summer birthday that I always desired...
Anyway Andi organized a little surprise... a 2 days trip to one of my favorite cities, Dresden.
All things packed ready for departure, Emmi got sick...chickenpox...bingo.
So we cancelled the whole thing and just had a cuddle pj weekend. 
First of all I was a bit selfish and sad to cancel the trip, but you know, 
who cares, when I have my two favorite people around me...
they are the biggest present I ever got!



Ok. so with 30 I guess I have to get a little bit more serious, 
I`ll be working on it and thought a bit about the subject of expectations
...have you ever thought about the fulfillment of earlier expectations 
that you had in younger age?...
I had some good expectations, weired ones, some failed and some have lost their meaning. 
But to summarize all I can say that Gods plans for my life were always much better
 than I mostly thought, that sort of thing I´ve learned a bit along the way.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways  
and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you 
and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11

I thought it might be fun to make a little random list and share some of my (silly) expectations..
.lets say with sixteen and today...

-> I thought that I may never find a husband who suites well to me,
( also I tried to trust the Lord whatever happens) but who would have known 
that I already married the love of my life with just 19 years of age
-> I always thought that if I met someone like that I would really like to start a family,
 but never imagined that this love for my husband and my child will surpass all my ideas 
and that it`s such a present to be loved back the same way
-> I thought I one day would study something useful for the general well like psychology 
but instead I now have a degree in fashion design...(I mean anyway quite useful:)...
-> then I never thought I would have the courage to work as a freelancer...
but God took me into this step by step and now here we are, my little fashion label created 
and sold over 15000 products within Germany, Austria, Europe as well in a 
lot of countries worldwide, I would have never believed that if anyone told me before
-> I thought I will always stay in my big and beautiful home church, instead of that God 
lead us out there to be a part of a new church plant, that is more exciting, blessing, 
and also challenging that I ever thought it could be
-> I thought I may will travel a lot and someday will live in a big and fancy city, what is true
...I mean the travelling part, I´ve seen already a lot of beautiful places, 
but God placed us back in my little old unspectacular city. But I learned that it feels just fine 
and complete to be right there where God has planned you to be, wherever that might is
-> I always wanted to be free to move wherever I want, now we bought 
an old art nouveau villa, which we will probably restore our whole life 
( you know I like good projects...:)
 -> and I thought with 30 I would feel grown up and adult, but I still feel like nineteen 
( and look like that, ha,ha), but of course much wiser...:)

I don`t want to bore you, I could complement this list on and on, but I know that in 10 years my expectations might have changed a bit again...so I let it be all for now.
I just know I can trust the Lord, lean on him and be happy for the times to come...

(one thing I actually never thought that I would write an English blog and somebody 
ever will understand my stammering words, thank you a lot for being patient with me, 
I`m still learning...)



xxxnoni
-

shared on these lovely blogs: the wiegands


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love everything you have to say! I am not thirty yet, (26) but I feel like I can totally relate to some of your expectations you make for your younger years and as I too reflect on those, I can see my Heavenly Father's hand in it all!
Thanks for sharing and hope your little one gets well soon!! Hope you had a fabulous birthday!!
P.S. your English is great!
xoxo

maria said...

happy birthday!! I love how our expectations of life can end up so differently from what we thought, but still be good!

You should do a home tour of your house, a art deco villa sounds awesome!

xoxoMaria

nonibaumann said...

Thank you Maria, and yes I think I definitly will do a hometour, because the before(especially our most fashionable working outfits) and after pictures might be quite fun:)

nonibaumann said...

Thank you for your lovely comment, and yes she is all better now, faster tahn I expected,ha,ha:)

Unknown said...

Oh how I feel you! My big 3 Oh is coming up way too quickly. You look fab and I am soo jealous of your house!!!

Just love // kelly

nonibaumann said...

Thank you Kelly for stopping by and your lovely comment...yes that it is, time is just running, but the fun fact is...I realised that one doesn`t get so much older, we only gain...in the heart:)and we just gain a lot of things...greetings noni