this is the day.

10:48 PM nonibaumann 0 Comments




"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
 ( Psalm 118,24 )

...thinking about these words lately a lot.

Because THIS is the day.
Not yesterday with its achievements,
not tomorrow where I may will reach another goal on my list.

 TODAY is the day,
also not yesterday with its failures,
because I can gladly live in the now,
all my past shortcomings are washed away forever:
 "as far as the east is from the west,
    so far does he remove our transgressions from us"
( Psalm 103, 12 ) 
also I can enjoy the now, 
not caring about the future because I know:
" Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, 
for tomorrow will worry about itself. "
( Matthew 6,34 ) 
 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
 (1.Peter5,7)

This is making me content with my now.

Today may be the ordinary kind of day or it
maybe have some challenges in store for me.

But I know he made this day for me,
and will guide me in all situations,

so TODAY I will rejoice and be glad !
  
 (linking up with faith filled Friday and beloved brews)

0 comments: