these winter days (some home snippets and recipes).

7:38 AM nonibaumann 4 Comments




Hello everybody, how are you ?

Actually this is quite a random post, just some snippets and an update 
of things going on around here.

With a pinched nerve in my shoulder, I quite had to
slow down a few things the last two weeks.
So still working full time, I had to set some priorities, focus on the most important things
and just let go of others, so I´m still on my way to simplify (see 2014 goal)
 and we simply enjoy some quiet winter days.

So yay It´s still very much winter! and I think this season is just perfect for coziness,
 family time and extra snuggling.

and of course some food...like...




Puffed Pancakes with baked rosemary honey grapefruit

it´s such an simple but tasty and fun recipe just the perfect start into the weekend....:)

all you need is a fluffy pancake batter (like this, I also added a pinch of cinnamon
and bourbon vanilla ), spout it into a already warm pan with melted butter and
see it rise while baking it 20 minutes in the oven.
for the baked grapefruit, I made some slices, sprinkled them with brown
sugar, honey, a little cinnamon and some fresh rosemary
and also baked it for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.

(little sidenote: by the way I just don`t know why they are called German pancakes in English,
we don`t call them so and it´s not so typical to make these sort of pancakes. 
so maybe we go with dutch babies ...)



I think we will not get tired eating this all the following winter weekends,
in different variations :)...

o yeah and like mentioned the nesting process around here
is still in full force: 


I just love the simple way of collecting branches and some winter greens
during our walks.
it´s budget friendly and adding them to some corners at home,
just creates a pretty, cozy winter atmosphere.

and when speaking of this... here comes another little recipe ...:

i don´t know what it is with soup, but I think nearly everyone loves it,
and when it comes to cold days, it is just the perfect comforting ingredients
for cozy, homey days...

one of my this years favorite recipe is this one:



Sweet potato coconut soup:



What you need:

3 sweet potatoes, 1-2 carrots, 1 potato, 2 onions, 3 garlic pods, 500 ml broth,
 1 can of coconut milk (ca. 300ml) and some chillie and curry,

Peel the onions, garlic and the chili, chop them finely. 
Peel and dice the sweet potato, potatoes and carrots.

Saute the onions in oil, add garlic, chili and curry 
Deglaze it with the broth, add the sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots
and the coconut milk. Let it boil and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. 
Puree the soup after that until it´s smooth.
Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Bon appetit :)

4 comments:

Sarah S. said...

what cozy looking photos and the puffed pancakes look amazingly delicious. looks like some great winter days to me. It's been like summer here in California, we haven't even had rain!

Hannah said...

There is so much loveliness in this post, Noni! I love the glimpses inside of your sweet home, and those pancakes look divine. Your soup sounds amazing - I think I will make this for my next batch of soup - soup is my very favourite thing to eat for lunch in the Winter.

nonibaumann said...

thankyou sarah, I like these current winter days a lot but actually can`t wait for summer:)! california weather sounds pretty perfect to me (actually while fighting a bad cold and needing some sun and warmth), many greetings!

nonibaumann said...

thankyou so very much hannah, I´m also the so to say soup kind of person:)!