bigger dimensions.

9:35 PM nonibaumann 12 Comments



Just a few pictures of some late summer days
we really enjoyed.
 we packed our things and did a whole 
lot of drawing in the backyard.

why not draw on bigger dimensions?

back in university days in art classes the teachers encouraged us 
to do so, for getting more free and open in our expressions.

little E so much enjoyed it, she literally spent hours.


and I ?

I spent hours watching her.
sometimes my heart feels so full of love like it could burst any moment.
It´s that kind of feeling you maybe can imagine before having kids, 
but you really feel its depths when you hold your child the first time.

sometimes I had this awkward thought, that I might say I love you to often to her.
( I really say it often, but I mean it)

I know it´s a stupid thought.

but these days God reminded me gently of it´s love, again,
his love has no borders.
and he wants us to love like he loves us.
without borders.

Our children won`t be spoiled by being loved well.
sometimes we just have to leave the thinking in our small humanly understanding

and start to practice and move in bigger dimensions :)
it`s a learning process, but we get free while practicing.

what do you think?


have a happy weekend friends ,
with much love in your heart !



(linking up with The Wiegands)

12 comments:

Hannah said...

I love the thoughts that you share here, Noni. I'm an Early Years teacher in England, and love giving my children the resources and opportunities to paint on a large scale outdoors. The other day, a girl looked at the jars of chalks & paintbrushes, and looked to me to ask what to do & where to draw. I imagine that she has probably never been given the permission to paint on a scale bigger than a piece of paper before, and I so hope that she becomes more free in her expression, just as your art teachers encouraged you to do.
The love that you speak of that you feel for your daughter is beautiful, and it makes me so excited to meet my baby in just a few weeks, and begin to experience the fullness of the love you describe : )

maria said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to make art with Micha as soon as he stops putting everything in his mouth!

Oh wow! I love this idea! And precious pictures :)

These are so beautiful - again your pictures and reflections are a beautiful marriage of expression. Love it friend!

This is so, so sweet. Love it.

nonibaumann said...

ha, ha you should make him some edible paint;) http://www.pinterest.com/pin/187884615677654278/ !

nonibaumann said...

Thankyou so much Hannah, I love that you do this with your kids. So good! And I think a whole lot of fun for the kids! and so happy that you can hold your baby in just a few weeks !

nonibaumann said...

thanks a lot! we really enjoyed it, because it´s not so bad getiing messy on the outside then inside the house:)

nonibaumann said...

thanks Susanna, sometimes it`s just really that God can teach us things through this little ones, hey:)!?

nonibaumann said...

thank you so much Laura!

Nic said...

Loved this! I need to figure out where I can get a roll of paper.

http://www.chevronsandanchors.com

Alycia Mealy said...

her little outfit is so cute!!